The Rt. Revd. Ephraim Okechukwu Ikeakor (JP) was born to the family of Late Pa Hezekiah and Mrs Ada Ikeakor of Umugama village Umuchu in Aguata L.G.A., Anambra State on 4th of May, 1966 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. His Primary and Post-Primary education were at Primary School, Umuchu; and Boys' Secondary School, Umuchu (now Umuchu High School). He studied Political Science and Library Science at then Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH), now Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka; B.SC. Hons, Second Class upper Division. He has also round off his Masters Degree Course work in Education Administration in the same University.
Bishop E.O. Ikeakor attended Trinity Theological College, Umuahia where he graduated with Distinction in Theology and Religious Studies. He was made a deacon in 1996 by Late Bishop of Enugu Diocese (The Rt. Revd. Gideon .N. Otubelu (O.F.R). He was ordained a Priest in 1997 by the same Bishop.
He was preferred Canon in 1998; and an Archdeacon in 2000 by The Rt. Revd. Benson C. B. Onyeibor, the Bishop of Abakaliki Diocese.
While in Ebonyi State, he served in the following Boards:
- Abakaliki Local Education Authority (1997 – 1999).
- Ebonyi State Christians Pilgrims Welfare Board (1998 – 2000).
- World Banks - Assisted Ebonyi State Community based Poverty Reduction Agency (2006 – 2008).
In the Diocese of Abakaliki, he was the Secretary of Abakaliki Diocese Inauguration Planning Committee.
- He was also the Pioneer Clerical Synod Secretary of the Diocese from 1997 – 2003.
- He was a Chaplain at various times to A.Y.F; EFAC; Girls' Guild. He was the Cathedral Administrator of The Cathedral Church of All Saints', Abakaliki from 2000 – 2007.
He was elected the Bishop of Anglican Diocese of Amichi on 12th November, 2008; and consecrated on 11th of January, 2009. He is gladly married to Mrs Nkem Ikeakor, and have a happy marriage.
Contact Bishop @ email@example.com